What’s it all about?
Extraordinary Education is our unique approach to the learning experience. Rooted in our founding philosophy, it takes shape in our unique programs and bears fruit in the form of confident, enthusiastic lifelong learners.
Rooted in our Founding Philosophy
Touchstones of Extraordinary Education
Extraordinary Education happens when:
- We recognize each learner as an individual, possessing different needs and unique gifts.
- We maintain strong, healthy relationships between staff, students and parents.
- We pursue academic excellence across a broad and challenging curriculum.
- We employ creative teaching methods to ensure that everyone is learning.
- We encourage students to learn actively, inside and outside the classroom, in the natural world and in the wider community.
- We respect and nurture the development of curiosity, critical thinking, self-discipline and self-worth.
Taking Shape in Unique Programs
An Extraordinary Education comprises learning that is meaningful. Because we believe that children must actively construct their knowledge, hands-on activities have always been at the core of everyday classroom lessons at Touchstone. However, our routines branch out into a number of supporting programs that provide a broad framework for each child’s learning.
- Daily Physical Education
- Daily French instruction
- Weekly one-on-one sessions with the teacher for every student
- Monthly field trips
- Regular guest speakers and presentations
- An expanded curriculum that goes beyond the basics to include Art, Music, Science, History and Geography
- Leadership Course for our oldest students
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Two whole school productions
- Technological Literacy
Yielding Lifelong Learners
Our students bear the unique mark of an Extraordinary Education. Each year, we are proud that our graduates exhibit the key attributes that we have worked together to produce.
- A love of learning
- Strong academic competencies
- Communication and leadership skills