How Parents Help
At Touchstone Academy, we believe that extraordinary learning happens when teachers, students and parents form a strong partnership. What does this partnership look like?
- Touchstone staff keep parents well-informed, so that parents can have interesting and meaningful conversations with their kids about what they are learning.
- Teachers are accessible to parents every day and make time to meet with parents whenever it is needed.
- Parents exhibit a positive attitude about learning and their actions demonstrate how much they value their child’s education. At Touchstone, these actions can include:
- Offering classroom support: Parents come in to supervise an activity in the classroom to allow teachers to have one-on-one time with each student (approximately 3 times per year)
- Attending field trips (optional)
- Serving on school committees. Committees keep various operations of the school running smoothly. (We ask each family to serve on one committee. A list of our parent committees is here.)
- Participating in our Live and Learn program
- Supporting fundraising events and campaigns
With these actions, parents become first-hand participants in their children’s education. We have found that kids love sharing their school experiences with their moms and dads. Working together, students, parents, and teachers make extraordinary education a shared achievement.