Welcome to Touchstone Academy!
It is my pleasure to introduce you to Touchstone! The unique learning experience we provide stems from two fundamental beliefs. First, every student has unique talents, needs, interests, and learning styles. Second, a strong partnership between home and school ensures each child is reaching his or her greatest potential.
At Touchstone, we carefully tailor students’ educational plans as they learn at their own pace. Our passionate and experienced teachers employ creative teaching and assessment methods to meet each student’s needs. Through a well-rounded and challenging curriculum, we strive for academic excellence. We believe in developing leadership and critical thinking skills so that our students become confident, inquiring, and compassionate life-long learners. We also believe in the dignity and integrity of each student. Partnering with parents, we support the development of the whole child.
We take each of these beliefs seriously. If you choose to enroll your child at Touchstone, you can expect:
- Your child will learn from highly qualified, dynamic teachers.
- Every staff member will know and care about your child. We will know his or her interests, strengths, and challenges and will select teaching methods to best meet your child’s learning style.
- Your child will learn via meaningful and engaging activities that connect the classroom to the real world.
- Your child will learn that he or she can make a difference in the lives of others and in our community.
- Your child will feel a sense of belonging at Touchstone. He or she will experience school days full of rich experiences.
Our website will answer many of your questions, but the best way to get a feel for our unique school is to come and visit us. I invite you to book a tour so you can see our teachers and students in action. You will leave knowing that education can be a fun and extraordinary experience for your child. I look forward to meeting you and your child!
Angela Prosser, Principal
- Principal: Angela Prosser
- Founded 2000
- Current Enrollment: 105 students
- Location: 68 Hampton Road, Rothesay
- Offering Preschool – Grade 5
- Preschool care available 7:30 – 6pm
- After-school elementary care available until 6pm
- Tuition: $9,150 (Grades K-5). Please click here for more tuition info.
- Financial Assistance available
- School motto: “Expect Extraordinary.”
Where Touchstone Academy Graduates Go
- Rothesay Park Middle School
- Harry Miller Middle School
- Quispamsis Middle School
- Rothesay Netherwood School
- Divine Mercy Catholic School
- Valley Christian Academy
- Rothesay High School
- Kennebecasis Valley High School
- Saint John High School (IB Program)
- MacDonald Consolidated High School
- Rothesay Netherwood School
- University of New Brunswick
- Bowdoin College
- Western University
- Dalhousie University
- Palucca Hochschule fur Tanz Dresden (Germany)
- St Francis Xavier
- Acadia University
- Claremont College
“Generally speaking, we find Touchstone students respond to academic challenges with a very broad lens and an inquiry-based approach. When given a task, a Touchstone graduate often sees a world of potential in terms of answers or ways to respond. This open-mindedness in the face of challenge is the very thing we seek to develop in students in order to get them to look for innovative and creative solutions to problems.”
Dean Van Doleweerd, Assistant Head of School, Rothesay Netherwood School